Homework (including remote education)
At Fairfield, homework is a key part of our curriculum offer. We believe that regular homework is:
- For children, parents and school to work in partnership, in order for pupils to increase their educational knowledge, skills and understanding, across a variety of subjects.
- To encourage children to further develop the skills, confidence and motivation to study effectively, efficiently and independently.
- To consolidate and reinforce the skills and understanding developed at school – particularly in English and Mathematics
- To extend concepts and school learning e.g. through reading and research for topics.
- Use a range of activities to engage a range learning styles and children’s interests.
- To develop and sustain the involvement of parents in the management of their child’s learning, and to keep them informed about the work children are doing and approaches used.
- Increase out of hours use of Computing resources e.g. Education City, Espresso via School’s website
- To prepare our children for the increased level of homework, given at Middle School