Our topic this term is
We will be finding out about animals from the smallest to the very largest.
Starting from fiction and non-fiction books.
We will be writing about magical objects, writing a fact file about our favourite
animals and writing a rhyming poem about a dinosaur.
Our Authors of the Month are: Giles Andreae and Lynley Dodd
We will be focussing on History and Science this term.
We will be:
- classifying animals
- sorting animals into groups
- finding out about carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores
- creating our own life timelines
- investigating the 3 main dinosaur eras
- finding out about the life of Mary Anning
We are continuing using Little Wandle Letters and Sounds this term.
Phonics continues to be taught daily in Beech class. This term we will be continuing with Phase 5 sounds.
We will continue to access e-books on the Collins site/app. The new book that the children will have been reading all week will be put into your online library on a Friday. When they read it to you, they should be reading it fluently and showcasing their skills of decoding, prosody and comprehension.
We will also continue to visit the library on Wednesday and bring a book to share with you and the family. This is a book that is for sharing together to encourage real pleasure for reading.
You can find out more about Little Wandle Letters and Sounds by clicking on the link
Live phonics lesson on Wednesday 24th January 2024 @ 9am
Please come along to see a real live phonics lesson and spend time supporting your child with phonics.
We will be covering all Spring term content using the White Rose education programme.
You can help at home by:
- looking out for and spotting numbers from 1-50
- using household objects to add and takeaway
- rehearse number bonds to 10 and, when they are secure, number bonds to 20
- compare different lengths and heights
- measure household items with a ruler in centimetres
- compare different weights and volumes
- measure ingredients when baking
Have a look at our Spring overview planning which is linked at the bottom of this page.
Any questions please ask us.
Keep in touch on Google Classroom.